We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
- Dish type
- Vegetable soup
- Squash soup
- Butternut squash soup
This butternut squash soup has always been a crowd and family favourite. I once left the apple out and you could tell something was missing but couldn't tell what. You can use vegetable stock if you want a vegetarian soup.
8 people made this
- 1 butternut squash
- 1 large onion
- 2 potatoes
- 1 Granny Smith apple
- chicken stock to cover
- 1 small tub cream or soured cream
- fresh coriander or parsley to garnish
- freshly cracked black pepper to taste
MethodPrep:20min ›Cook:20min ›Ready in:40min
- Peel and chop butternut squash, potatoes, onions and apple into relatively even cubes. Place in saucepan, put in chicken stock to cover generously. Bring to boil and cook until all vegetables are soft.
- Transfer to blender or use an immersion blender to blend until smooth. Return to saucepan, and reheat and add 1/2 the cream.
- Serve with a swirl of cream, coriander sprig or chopped parsley.