We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
- Dish type
- Cakes with fruit
- Apricot cake
This gluten-wheat-diary-egg and sugar-free cake is a real tea-time treat. And instead of light muscovado sugar, I used agave nectar.
London, England, UK
43 people made this
- 225g self-raising flour (gluten-wheat free)
- 1/2 tsp gluten-free baking powder
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 5 tbsp canola oil (OR 3 tbsp oil and 2 tbsp apple sauce)
- 140g muscovado sugar (OR agave syrup)
- 140g finely grated carrot
- 1 apple, peeled, cored and diced
- 85g (unsulphured) diced dried apricots
- grated zest of 1 orange plus 5 tbsp juice
- 50g pumpkin seeds
- icing sugar for dusting
MethodPrep:20min ›Cook:50min ›Extra time:10min cooling › Ready in:1hr20min
- Preheat the oven to 180 C / Fan 160 C / Gas 4. Grease a cake tin with oil or margarine.
- Mix the flour, baking powder and cinnamon together in a large bowl. Add the orange juice, agave syrup and oil (or oil and apple sauce). Stir well. Add the grated carrot, apple, orange zest, apricots and stir until well mixed. Spoon into the prepared tin.
- Bake for 50 minutes. Cool on a rack before removing from tin.
Serve with apricot cream ~ Simply mix (425 ml) whipped cream with (300g) apricot compote.
Reviews & ratingsAverage global rating:(3)
Reviews in English (4)
Looks nice but how is it sugar free?-03 Jan 2013
Made this yesterday - very nice though not sure how it justifies being sugar free. I made it using fruit sugar and it was fine-18 Jul 2011
You say "sugar free" but there is 140g muscovado sugar (OR agave syrup). Both these are sugar.-03 Mar 2014